Lemon blueberry baked oat cake
Finding new ways to enjoy our favorite foods is something we love exploring at Lark Ellen Farms. Take a classic bowl of oatmeal, change up the process, and you have an oat cake. Oat cakes are a perfect way to start the day. This is a recipe you won’t want to miss.
- 1 3/4 cup oat flour (certified gluten-free)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter of choice or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 bag Lark Ellen Farms Lemon Blueberry Granola (blended into nut butter with a food processor). 2 tbsp for batter. Save extra for lemon granola butter drizzle.
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs or Flax Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
Lemon granola butter drizzle
- 1-2 tbsp almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 3 tbsp granola butter, saved from previous steps
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Whisk to combine
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper,
- In a small bowl, add your dry ingredients and stir them together
- In a large mixing bowl, add your butter or oil, maple syrup, granola butter, and applesauce. Add in your milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla, and eggs. Stir to combine
- Pour your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and mix them till everything is well combined.
- Pour your blueberries into the cake batter and gently fold them in. Pour your batter into the pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Let your cake cool, then remove from the pan.
- Drizzle Lemon granola butter onto cooled cake and top with Lark Ellen Lemon Blueberry Granola pieces and lemon zest
- Serve and delight in the flavors and textures of this delicious breakfast/dessert option!
Lark Ellen Farm Trail Blazers snack bags are the perfect delicious and nutrient-packed quick bite for when you’re on the go. They provide a convenient and satiating snack for any place you may be adventuring to. Even if that adventure is just taking you from your bed to the living room couch.